You will be working for a well-established organisation based within the manufacturing and distribution industry and they have been established for 30+ years. As the Accounts Assistant, you will be providing support to the Accounts department by performing finance and administration tasks, including processing and recording transactions.
Benefits include 31 days holiday including the Bank Holidays, Christmas shut down (3 days will be deducted from your total holiday allowance), Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Discount vouchers for optical requirements and free car parking.
As the Accounts Assistant, you will be:
- Maintaining customer rebate register including setting up and maintaining rebate parameters, agreements, accruals, and payments
- Dealing with the sales management reports, providing sales figures for all Regional managers and Area Sales Managers
- Reconciling bank accounts including foreign currency
- Posting stock invoices and non stock invoices including selecting appropriate nominal codes
- Analysing credit card statements and posting of the same
- Analysing expenses and posting of the same
- Posting sales ledger cash
- Distributing purchase invoices to the appropriate teams and keeping a log of invoices awaiting approval
- Assisting with controls and month end procedures
- Carrying out general administration duties
As the Accounts Assistant, you will have:
- Previous experience working as an Accounts Assistant
- Knowledge and experience in using Sage, however, this is not essential
- Strong communication skills - ability to liaise with people at all levels within the business
- Must be highly organised and methodical in your approach
- Attention to detail and proactive approach
- Ability to prioritise your work
- Work well both autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent IT systems knowledge and experience - MS office suites (intermediate level in Excel) with strong skills in Sage and strong analytical skills & attention to detail
- You may have experience of the following: Accounts Co-ordinator, Invoice Clerk, Ledger Assistant, Accounts Reconciliation Clerk, Accounts Payable Coordinator, Payable Administrator, Finance Assistant, Management Accounts Co-ordinator, Accounting Clerk, Sales Ledger, Nominal Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Bookkeeper and Billing Coordinator
You will receive a competitive salary depending on experience plus a fantastic range of benefits.