This role will give you the opportunity to utilise your purchase ledger skills whilst also using your expertise to support the Accounts Manager with other areas of accountancy. You will receive 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays plus an online benefits platform offering a range of discounts and an employee assistance program.
Formed over 20 years ago, you will be working for a leading and accredited organisation in the IT field who provide a huge range of products and services to their customers.
As the Accounts Assistant, you will be:
- Focusing on purchase ledger duties along with assisting the Manager with all accounts processes
- Liaising with suppliers and resolving any queries
- Responsible for petty cash and completing bank reconciliations
- Completing cash book postings and reconciliations
- Preparing and raising cheque runs and dealing with company credit cards
- Responsible for journals, prepayments and accruals
To be successful as the Accounts Assistant, you will have:
- Previous purchase ledger and general accountancy experience
- Previous experience liaising with suppliers and resolving queries
- You may also have experience of one of the following: Accounts Payable Assistant, Supervisor, Team Leader, Manager, Finance Assistant, Finance Officer, Finance Supervisor, Finance Clerk, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Sales Ledger Clerk, Management Accountant, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Bookkeeper or the spelling variation of Book Keeper, Bookeeper, Book-keeper. We are also keen to speak to you if you have used Sage, Xero, Pegasus, Quickbooks
Based in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham, you will receive a salary of up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience plus the following benefits:
- 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Online benefits platform offering a range of discounts
- Employee Assistance Program which is a free helpline for advice
- Pension Scheme of 6% including employer and employee contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Table Tennis if you’re feeling sporty on your lunch break!