We are urgently recruiting for a Buyer; you will be working for a well-established organisation based within the manufacturing and distribution industry and they have been established for 30+ years based in Tamworth.
Benefits include 31 days holiday including the Bank Holidays, opportunity to study CIPS qualification, Christmas shut down (3 days will be deducted from your total holiday allowance), Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Discount vouchers for optical requirements and free car parking.
As a Buyer, you will be:
- Sourcing new suppliers and negotiating cost to procure stock
- Monitoring satisfactory stock level and liaising with the sales team for stock availability
- Responsible for placing purchase orders with suppliers using the internal inhouse system
- Monitoring stock status on daily basis and expedite deliveries to meet business requirements
- Building business relationships with new and existing suppliers by telephone, virtual meetings and email
- Compiling reports for suppliers and management using Microsoft Excel and analysing cost comparisons
As a Buyer, you will have:
- The willingness to study or be working towards CIPS qualification
- Previous experience working within a similar position
- Knowledge of Sage and Slim Stock Software, however, this is not essential
- The ability to multitask and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
- You may have experience of working as one of the following: Procurement Administrator, Category or Procurement Coordinator, Procurement Officer, Procurement Manager, Supplier Analyst, Supply Chain Planner, Supplier Relationship Manager, Supply Chain Coordinator, Buying or Supply Chain Administrator, Supply Chain Manager, Purchasing Coordinator, Category Administrator or Purchasing Administrator
As the Buyer, you will receive a salary of circa £23,000 per annum depending on experience plus a fantastic range of benefits.