Are you looking for Part Time work? We are seeking a Part Time Caretaker to join a well-establish, independently owned private education organisation based in Edgbaston, Birmingham. Free car parking is available. Hours of work are 4.00pm to 9.00pm Monday to Friday, working 20 hours per week.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work part-time, then this is the perfect role for you. During the half term and Christmas shutdown, your working hours will change to 1.00pm to 6.00pm. This is a temporary position for up to 3 months.
As a Caretaker, your duties will be:
- Taking all reasonable steps to minimise loss or damage to the premises, including setting the alarm and conducting site walks to check that doors and windows are properly secured and lights are turned off
- Ensuring the efficient functioning of heating and lighting through regular checks and attend to simple repairs
- Arranging and clearing away chairs and tables for assemblies, meetings and functions
- Reporting any need for more extensive work or repair to the Facilities Manager
- Undertaking small decorating jobs
As a Caretaker, you will have:
- Previous experience within a similar role
- A Full UK Driving Licence
- Understanding of safe working practices and Health and Safety legislation
- You may have experience of working as one of the following: Caretaker, Handyperson, Facilities Assistant, School Caretaker, Engineer, Cleaner, Building Service Manager, Premises Manager or Property Manager.
Your salary will be circa £20,800 per annum pro rata, the hourly pay rate is £10.00 per hour.
Alongside this, you will receive fantastic benefits such as:
- Free Car Parking
- 28 days holiday including the Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme