We are working with a successful, market-leading technology services provider with over 25 years experience, to recruit for a Category Buyer on a permanent basis. The company is based in Birmingham City Centre and the client will consider remote working if desired.
Benefits include 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays, option to buy and sell annual leave, access to BUPA, employee assistance programme, tailored benefits platform - including a discount on retail, gym and leisure, cycle to work scheme, training and development opportunities, free access to a gym, shower facilities, secure bike and lockers and an onsite cafe.
As a Category Buyer you will:
- Managing pricing from distribution for your category, reporting to Supply Chain Manager for business decisions
- Engaging with vendors and distribution for market information and to be ‘ahead of the game’ in your field
- Negotiating to end user-specific catalogues and promoting through pricing management tool to features
- Negotiating exclusive deals/offers or channel promotions with vendors and distribution
- Holding a strong awareness of rebate terms and commercial funding agreements with the supply chain and drive to negotiate optimum terms
- Taking ownership of managing large project-based deals within own category including deal registration, vendor engagement and follow up etc
- Carrying out additional duties
The successful Category Buyer will:
- Have previous experience in the IT and technology industry in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of the IT market and channel structure
- Beholding existing supply chain relationships and can develop new supplier relationships
- Possess experience in the negotiation of pricing and commercial terms of IT and technology products/services
- Use of initiative to drive focus and development of your category
- Have the ability to analyse data to make strategic business decisions
- Understanding accreditation levels of appropriate vendors and seek ways to improve this
- Supporting sales representatives in the management of large project-based deals
- We will be considering applications from candidates with job titles such as Buyer, Procurement Analyst, Procurement Administration, Procurement Manager, Supply Chain Specialist, IT Buyer or Information Technology Procurement Specialist
As the Category Buyer, you will receive a salary of up to £30,000 depending on experience, plus a fantastic range of benefits.