You will be working for a key organisation who supply to over 1 million people and over 30,000 commercial customers throughout the Midlands and surrounding areas. As the Continuous Improvement Analyst, you will be supporting the business through a key time of transformational change.
Currently the role is working remotely and will be based in their Walsall office once they have reopened. Benefits include 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays, Flexible Working, Holiday Buy Back Scheme, Pension Scheme up to 6%, Life Assurance, Staff Awards, Retail Discounts, Private Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, nursery on site at a subsidised rate, free gym when the offices reopen and free car parking.
As the Continuous Improvement Analyst, you will be:
- Understanding the organisation in order to identify future business needs and creating solutions
- Helping the organisation to manage, change and plan for the future, including specific projects and permanent changes
- Working closely with stakeholders in order to collaboratively facilitate business improvement activities
- Completing data analysis with problem solving, root cause analysis and agreeing performance improvements
- Mapping customer journeys and value streams
- Quantifying benefits of business improvement activities and driving project delivery outcomes
As the Continuous Improvement Analyst, you will have:
- Previous project management experience
- Experienced in change management and improvement
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Excel and process mapping tools
- You may have experience working in any of the following: Business Analyst, Business Insight, process improvement, Prince2 or Prince 2, transformational change, proactive customer engagement, Microsoft Projects, Visio, mapping customer journey, performance metrics
As the Continuous Improvement Analyst, you will receive a salary of circa £35,000 per annum, depending on experience plus excellent benefits