Are you seeking your first opportunity working within an Accounts and Finance department?
You will be working for a well-established organisation based within the manufacturing and distribution industry and they have been established for 30+ years. As the Credit Control Assistant, you will have previous experience working within a similar position. Hours of work are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday and 1 in 4 weeks, you are required to work 9.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday.
Benefits include 31 days holiday including the Bank Holidays, Christmas shut down (3 days will be deducted from your total holiday allowance), Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Discount vouchers for optical requirements and free car parking.
As the Credit Control Assistant, you will be:
- Setting up of new accounts – collating all paperwork necessary and scanning and validating documents
- Running statements monthly
- Checking account and releasing tickets daily
- Bank statements – logging payments daily
- Completing paying in books with cheques received daily
- Reconciling remittances/checking discounts taken
- Chasing payments from ledger every month
- Chasing outstanding debit notes
- Credit checks on new Customers and existing companies daily
- Reviewing credit Limit
- Producing 7-day letters, final demands and Solicitors’ letters
As the Credit Control Assistant, you will have:
- Previous experience working within an Administration or Credit Control Assistant position
- Previous experience in dealing with Debit Notes, however, this is not essential
- Knowledge and experience in using Sage, however, this is not essential
- Strong Administration skills, with excellent attention to detail
- You may have experience of the following: Credit Analyst, Collection Agent, Credit Risk Officer, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Reconciliation Clerk, Accounts Payable Coordinator, Payable Administrator, Finance Assistant, Accounting Clerk, Sales Ledger, Nominal Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Billing Coordinator
You will receive a competitive salary depending on experience plus a fantastic range of benefits.