Do you have experience of working within a busy Accounts office? Working 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesday to Friday you will be a pivotal part of the accounts support function for this well-established organisation.
As a charity, this organisation supports over 30,000 students and have been formed for over 100 years.
As the Finance Assistant, your duties will include:
- Processing financial transactions and support the work of the Finance Department
- Ensuring the effective maintenance of the sales ledger processes including releasing sales invoices/credit notes, opening new accounts, investigating ledger discrepancies
- Ensuring the efficient and effective processing/posting of all transactions associated with the bank reconciliation function
- Supporting the Cash and Payments Assistant with daily banking duties as required and assist on a daily basis with posting of cash sheets
- Assisting in Period End activities as directed by the Deputy Finance Manager including preparation of accruals, prepayments, deferments and recharge journals
To be successful as the Finance Assistant, you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- You may also have experience in one of the following: Accounts Support, Accounts Payable, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Finance Assistant, Accounts Graduate, AAT, ACCA, PL and SL
You will receive a salary of £20,209 per annum pro rata. You will be based in Edgbaston with excellent transport links and car parking available on site.