We are currently recruiting for a Housing Assistant for a well established Housing Association based in North Birmingham.
As a Housing Assistant you will be one of the first points of contact in the Operations Team for customers, contractors, and other stakeholder queries. You will ensure queries are reported to the relevant officers in our department. You will build and maintain customer relationships; from the point you welcome new customers to when they leave and stakeholders visiting the office. You will provide administrative support to the Operations Team as agreed via the Housing Service Manager.
As the Housing Assistant, your duties will be:
- Reviewing lettings, waiting list (supported housing) and voids by doing monthly audits and feedback to management team on non-compliances
- You will contribute to the organisation's performance targets by chasing customers for late rent, dealing with anti-social behaviour complaints, letting homes quickly, and the effective management of the homes and customers you have
- You will contribute to quarterly reports for operations committee by supporting Housing and Property Service Managers
- Helping to plan and report the outcomes of customer satisfaction surveys across the department in conjunction with Housing Services Manager and Property Services Manager
- Assisting the Housing Service Manager to organise and deliver the Customer Framework and required outcomes with the Housing Officers including working with various groups and providing support for meetings and events
- Completing telephone assessments for accommodation for general needs and support
- Supporting the Housing Service Manager and Property Service Manager to provide administrational duties for the department (minute taking, filing, scanning, CORE, LA Nominations, Supported Returns etc)
- Reporting any suspicions of safeguarding issues relating to customers to in line with the relevant policy.
As the Housing Assistant, you will have:
- Strong administration experience
- Previous experience in housing would be an advantage
- IT literate, experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Available immediately for an immediate start
This position is to start as soon as possible and paying £23,013 per annum, depending on experience. Working hours are 35 per week, 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 4.30pm on Fridays.