You will be working for a leading specialist service company with over 1900 employees in a highly regulated environment, supporting a broad range of customers such as FM companies, contractors, rail, highways, water, power, gas and local authority markets. As the HR Advisor, you will have generalist Human Resources experience in a multi-site environment.
This role can be hybrid to include working from home or from one of the several regional offices, however, you will be happy to travel and have a weekly overnight stay in either North Birmingham, North London as well as monthly stays in Scotland.
Benefits include 28 days holiday, rising to 33 days after 2 years’ service and a 6% match contribution pension. Company Car or Car Allowance.
Your main duties as the HR Advisor will include:
- Champion the culture of service delivery to the allocated business focusing on commercial solutions, fair decision making and enabling the businesses to operate effectively (and with a fuss free approach)
- Pro-actively support the allocated business to deliver its People Plan
- Participating and providing guidance to Directors and Managers at grievance and disciplinary hearings, during any investigations required and in formulating responses and managing grievance and disciplinary casework
- Managing absence management cases
- Advising, assisting and supporting in all aspects of organisational and change management e.g., restructuring of projects and TUPE
- Providing support in the implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures in line with new and revised employment law introduced
- Managing the process of recruitment, advertising vacancies and supporting Line Managers with the recruitment process
- Co-ordinating training courses both informally and formally on related topics
As the HR Advisor you will have:
- Previous experience of employee relations, including disciplinary, grievances, and absence management
- Knowledge and experience of TUPE
- Worked for a multi-site organisation
- Strong communication skills - ability to liaise with people at all levels within the business both verbally and in writing
- Organised and accustomed to managing a varied caseload
- You may have experience of one of the following: HR, Human Resources or Personnel Advisor, Regional HR or Personnel Adviser, Human Resources Manager and HR Advisor
- Proven track record of delivering excellent HR customer service with pace, accuracy and acumen
- CIPD qualification
You will receive a competitive salary depending upon experience, as well as a company car or car allowance.