A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a HR and Health & Safety Manager looking for their next challenge in a non-for-profit organisation. You will be joining a small and vibrant team located in Oldbury and be a key member of the management team, ensuring all standards of HR, Quality and Health and Safety are maintained.
You will be required to travel across local hubs, all within an easy commute from head office. Your benefits will include: 35 days holiday including the Bank Holidays, free car parking, mileage allowance, company pension scheme and an early finish on a Friday.
As the HR and Health & Safety Manager, you will be:
- Working closely with an outsourced HR services company, monitoring, reviewing and updating internal HR policies and procedures in accordance to any changes in legislation
- Responsible for a small team of 4 Administrators and the coordination of a maintenance person booking and scheduling jobs across all hubs
- Supporting Operations Manager with the auditing of participants paperwork
- Updating and maintaining Health & Safety policies, working closely with outsourced Health and Safety services company
- Ensuring that an adequate programme of training for health and safety is established
- The first point of contact for all queries relating to absence management, recruitment and new starters and personnel administration
- Preparing reports for the board of trustees and CEO on retention, training and number of volunteers throughout the organisation
- Taking the lead on recruitment including updating job descriptions with line managers, completing interviews, rights to work checks and inductions
- Ensuring policies and procedures are implemented across the organisation and ensuring statutory requirements are complied with including safeguarding
As the HR and Health & Safety Manager you will have:
- Previous experience working within a similar position
- Previous experience of working within HR with knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Previous experience in managing a small team
- The ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of the Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
- You may have experience of the following: Human Resources Advisor, HR Manager, Officer, Office Manager, Operations Supervisor, Central Services Supervisor, Central Services Manager, Health & Safety Manager
As the HR & Health and Safety Manager, you will receive a salary of circa £27,300 per annum depending on experience plus a fantastic range of benefits.