We are urgently recruiting for a Logistics Planner; you will be working for a well-established organisation based within the manufacturing and distribution industry and they have been established for 30+ years based in Tamworth.
Benefits include 31 days holiday including the Bank Holidays, Christmas shut down (3 days will be deducted from your total holiday allowance), Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Discount vouchers for optical requirements and free car parking.
As the Logistics Planner, you will be:
- Working closely and liaising with logistics providers to stay informed of the market changes
- Liaising with logistics providers for the best possible rates for air, land and sea shipments from a portfolio of suppliers
- Booking stock on the system, updating shipment calendar and preparing labels for warehouse department
- Ensuring correct shipping documents are sent to forwarders in time to generate correct Duty and VAT invoices, ensuring invoices are paid promptly to ensure on-time deliveries
- Validating freight invoices and understand the trend of freight costs
- Coordinating and scheduling inbound deliveries, dealing with shipping issues when required
- Carrying out general administration duties including updating reports weekly for the accounts department
As the Logistics Planner, you will:
- Possess previous experience working within a Logistics position
- Have high attention to details with a high level of accuracy
- Be analytical with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- You may have experience of working as one of the following: Sales Administrator, Logistics Co-ordinator, Customer Service Administrator, Coordinator, Material or Demand Administrator, Shipping Administrator, Freight Forwarder, Administrator, Purchasing Administrator, Purchasing Co-ordinator, Logistics Coordinator and Stock Administrator
As the Logistics Planner, you will receive a salary of circa £22,000 per annum depending on experience plus a fantastic range of benefits.