An exciting and new opportunity is available for an experienced Payroll Coordinator to work for a well-established business based within the leisure industry. Benefits include 30 days holiday per annum, Life cover, Employee EAP programme and free car parking when based within the office.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours, our client will consider being flexible with these working hours.
You can choose to be based in Tamworth or Bewdley and hybrid working is available. You will be delivering an accurate monthly payroll and completing all administration aspects across 3 organisations, working closely with HR in relation to New Starters and Leavers.
As the Payroll Coordinator, you will be:
- Responsible to ensure the payroll data is prepared and inputted into the payroll database to include starters, leavers, and amendments
- Dealing with pay queries, investigating and interrogating data to find a resolution
- Administering and calculating staff pay, overtime, SSP, SMP, Pensions and other adjustments
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the monthly payroll
- Completing all statutory and regulatory monthly and annual returns required by HMRC
- Liaising closely with colleagues in the finance department, ensuring that monthly reconciliations for budget purposes are undertaken
- Producing detailed management reports as required by the Director of People and other managers
- A subject matter expert for taxation and pension rules and their successful application to ensure HMRC and Pension Regulator compliance
- Producing and maintaining up-to-date and comprehensive guidance notes on using the payroll database
- Overseeing annual leave and benefits management processes
- Driving continuous improvement across all areas of payroll
- Participating in projects relating to the development of the integrated payroll-HR database, taking a lead on identifying possible improvements to the systems and playing a key role in implementing agreed changes
As the Payroll Coordinator, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a busy payroll environment
- Experience in dealing with the pension administration and liaising with HMRC
- Knowledge and awareness of the latest payroll legislation, PAYE and expense regulations
- A Payroll Qualification, such as CIPP Foundation Degree in Payroll Management, however, this is not essential
- You may have experience working as one of the following: Payroll Co-ordinator, Office Manager, Payroll Specialist, Payroll Team Leader or any other position where you have processed Payroll
As the Payroll Manager, your salary will be circa £30,000 depending on experience plus you will receive fantastic benefits.