We are urgently recruiting for a Production Planner & Purchasing Lead, you will be working for an international metal company based in Oldbury that has been established for over 40 years and supply to various industries including automotive, engineering and aerospace.
Benefits include a bonus based on the company and individual performance, early finish on a Friday 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays – holidays increase with service, social events, BUPA, free car parking and pension. Hours of work are 8.00 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 2.30 pm on Friday.
As the Production Planner & Purchasing Lead, you will be:
- Responsible for managing and motiving a Supply Chain support person
- Ensuring material is purchased timely from our group mills, keeping the appropriate stock levels to meet sales demand
- Planning the workload for Operations team activity of picking steel bars, cutting of stainless bar and cutting of tool steel bars and blocks, to achieve OTD to customer
- Issuing and monitoring daily production schedules to all Works areas (Stainless picking, Stainless Saws, Tool Steel) to meet OTIF targets
- Capacity planning and issue live daily production led times to Sales Team
- Using SAP to run MRP, managing the setup and reorder point for each part number, ensuring up to date lead time from the mills in SAP and updating safety stock profiles
- Working closely with Sales Team to understand customer forecasts and those growth products not visible by MRP
- Placing transactional purchase orders also monitoring the delivery date and taking any action to ensure good arrive on time
- Placing orders and liaising with Subcontract Suppliers
- Carrying out additional duties when required
As the Production Planner & Purchasing Lead, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a similar position, experience working within the supply chain and developing a good planning strategy
- Previous experience in using SAP, this is essential
- Advanced knowledge and experience of MRP systems and processes
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyse data, with strong computing skills using Microsoft Office and Excel
- Good understanding of MRP and SAP work orders
- You may have experience of the following: Production Co-ordinator, Supply Chain Co-odinator, Buyer, Procurement Planner, Production Team Leader, Supply Chain Lead, Metal Buyer, Purchasing Co-ordinator, Purchasing Manager or MRP Specialist
As the Production Planner & Purchasing Lead, the salary is between £30,000 to £34,000 depending on experience plus a fantastic range of benefits.