We are urgently recruiting for a Risk, Compliance and Assurance Officer; you will be working for an award-winning company based in Solihull that manages over 25,000 affordable homes and social housing across England.
You will be working 35 hours per week, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday on a Fixed Term Contract for up to 3 months. Benefits include 28 days holiday plus the Bank Holidays and free car parking. For this position, you must have previous experience in overseeing risk and compliance project management activities.
As the Risk, Compliance and Assurance Officer, you will be:
- Taking a lead role in working with all Directorates to ensure the planning and disaster recovery plans are reviewed and kept up to date
- Monitoring compliance, updating and use of the assets and liabilities register, liaising internally and externally as required and supporting the development of appropriate recording systems and process as necessary
- Working with the Head of Risk, Compliance and Policy on all risk and compliance-based data analysis, insight, research and intelligence
- Supporting with Internal Audit compliance activities, including monitoring completion of Control Improvement Plans and ensuring that internal audit recommendations are implemented to agreed timescales
- Ensuring that the risks are reviewed monthly with risk owners/leads, including the update of risk scores and actions being taken
- Researching, developing and making recommendations in relation to improving the Risk, Compliance and Policy service
- Working with Head of Risk, Compliance and Policy to ensure the Director’s Assurance statements are completed quarterly, and results reported to GCE
To be successful as the Risk, Compliance and Assurance Officer, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a similar position in risk, assurance, internal audit or corporate compliance
- A degree or qualification within Risk and Assurance, however, this is not essential
- A thorough and up to date knowledge of the housing sector and Regulatory requirements and the ability to apply this with a pragmatic and common-sense approach
- Previous experience of implementing operational plans
- Previous experience in overseeing risk and compliance project management activities
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- You may also have experience of any of the following: Risk Assurance Auditor, Risk and Assurance Co-ordinator or Administrator, Compliance Manager or Officer, Audit Officer, Risk Analyst, Risk Management or Risk Management Officer Administrator
As the Risk, Compliance and Assurance Officer, you will receive a salary of circa £24,915 to £27,683 per annum depending on experience plus a fantastic range of benefits.