We are urgently recruiting for a School Premises Manager / Caretaker; you will be working for a Birmingham based school in North Birmingham. Benefits include 29 days holiday including the Bank Holidays and free car parking.
You will be required to cover other schools within the project within the Birmingham area.
As the School Premises Manager / Caretaker, your duties will include:
- Opening and checking the building and grounds at the start of the day plus locking and securing all doors and windows at the end of the day
- Checking heating, lighting and hot water is functional
- Monitoring and cleaning areas daily and porter furniture
- Carrying out minor Health and Safety checks, completing and logging all relevant documentation
- Carrying out general repairs and maintenance including first fix response as required
- Being part of an on-call rota for out of hours emergencies
As the School Premises Manager / Caretaker, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a similar position
- A Certificate in IOSH Managing Safely, however, this is not essential
- An in-date DBS or be on the DBS update service
- You may have experience of working as one of the following: Handyperson, Building Services Manager, Trade Worker, Electrician, Carpenter and Maintenance Support
As the School Premises Manager / Caretaker, your salary will be circa £22,5000 per annum depending on experience plus a fantastic range of benefits.