A new opportunity has arisen for a Technical Quality Manager to support a UK industry leader based in Manchester who supports medium and large construction projects. You will be 60% travelling around the UK and 40% based in the office and will receive a range of benefits including 33 days holiday including bank holidays, a car allowance (£400 per month), paid mileage, a bonus depending on the company and individual performance and free onsite parking.
As a Technical Quality Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Operations Director and Regional Managers to maintain and develop health and safety management systems ensuring compliance to all statutory legislation, regulation and best practice
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director to maintain and further develop policies and procedures which suit the needs of the business whilst ensuring the maximum safety for all employees
- Liaising with Regional Administrators to maintain and enhance the use of the online matrixes as a tool to monitor, manage and record full compliance across the business
- Chairing regular electrical safety and quality meetings with manager and engineers
- Conducting regular office-based Electrical safety audits, ensuring compliance with company procedures, best practices and project Electrical certification review. A detailed report will then be issued with reasonable timescale and support provided to close out any non-compliance observations
- Conducting regular regional site-based audits to monitor quality, compliance and adherence to company policy and practices
- Investigating recorded incidents to ensure that causes are identified, and action is taken to prevent re-occurrence
- Stopping any unsafe systems of work or poor working practices where there is deemed to be a risk to the health, safety and well-being of employees and stakeholders
- Provide health and safety support to the wider team in conjunction with the HSEQ Manager including conducting training needs analysis on health and safety-related competencies
- Taking responsibilities for inducting all new starters including liaison with the relevant regional office to ensure all role-specific PPE and equipment is issued
- Taking overall responsibility for managing the auditing programme across the company
- Managing all procurement requirements in relation to health and safety.
We are looking for a Technical Quality Manager who has the following skills and experiences:
- Be qualified and experienced in the management of health and safety to a minimum of NEBOSH certificate
- Previous experience working within a similar position
- A qualification in IOSH Managing Safely and/or Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- Electrical qualifications including 18th Edition
- The ability to work with employees and clients at all levels of the business assisting with their understanding of all Health and Safety regulatory requirements with a strategic outlook and ability to develop and adapt procedures to the ever-changing needs of the business
- A patient but persistent approach, prepared to chase down responses and information from both internal and external parties at all levels in a professional and diplomatic manner
- You may have experience of the following: Quality Assurance, Head of Quality, Performance Improvement, QHSE Officer, QHSE Manager, Risk, Internal Audits or Auditor.
Salary is circa £50,000 depending on experience per annum. To apply for this role as Technical Quality Manager, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.