We are currently for a Technical Sales Engineer to join our client based in Great Barr, Birmingham. The benefits include 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays, a profit-related pay scheme after a 3-month trial, free car parking, a company pension scheme and an early finish on 2 Fridays in 3.
You will be working for a well-established manufacturing organisation. You are required to have an engineering background which will include knowledge of general engineering practises, ability to read drawings and provide product recommendation.
As the Technical Sales Engineer, you will be:
- Ensuring all enquiries and quotes are entered onto a computer system, followed up and analysed daily
- Handling customers enquiries professionally and efficiently and raising quotations and processing and inputting of customer orders in an accurate timely manner
- Providing customers with correct information on stocks, availability and prices on products and liaising with all departments politely and professionally to obtain information when required
- Increasing order intake and attending meetings with customers to provide technical advice
- Provide product recommendation for a particular application
- Cost estimation of a product outside the standard range
As the Technical Sales Engineer, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a technical sales environment including knowledge of selections, drawings and practices
- A Relevant NVQ, BTEC Qualification or HND or a Degree in Engineering relevant to the organisation
- Excellent knowledge of Mathematical Calculations
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- You may have experience of the following: Engineering Assistant or Co-ordinator, Internal Sales Administrator, Technical Advisor or Customer Service Advisor
- You may have knowledge of Mechanical and Power Transmission Engineering, a General Engineering background is preferable.
As the Technical Sales Engineer, your salary will be circa £28,000 per annum depending on experience plus a fantastic range of benefits.