We are urgently recruiting for a well-established transport company based in Walsall, West Midlands, our client operates in the general haulage sector. Working as the Transport Planner, you will be working with a range of customers from small family owned businesses through to multinationals.
Benefits include free car parking, pension, and 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays. Hours of work are 10.00 am to 6.00 pm / 10.00 am to 7.00 pm Monday to Friday and you will be required to be on call including weekends, our client is seeking candidates who can be flexible.
As the Transport Planner, you will be:
- Responsible for the daily supervision and planning of up to 40 drivers and vehicles HGV general haulage and LGV automotive transport
- Planning routes for the following day/week and allocating jobs to drivers, arranging deliveries to customers, and booking containers from ports
- Liaising with logistics partners across the country to arrange backloads and liaising with customers, dealing with new and existing customer enquiries when required
- Responsible for managing the vehicle defects process and maintenance on vehicles in line with maintenance schedule
- Liaising with recruitment agencies to arrange cover
- Working closely with the Drivers, carrying out drivers’ inductions, planning the driver’s holiday, monitoring drivers’ hours, and carrying out routine compliance checks
- Reviewing health and safety on site and especially around their transport activities
As the Transport Planner, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a similar position, experience in an HGV / LGV environment
- Knowledge of driver hours and tachographs
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- You may have experience of the following: Logistics Planner, Haulage Planner, Operations Planner, HGV Planner or Transport Administrator or Co-ordinator
As the Transport Planner, your salary will be £25,000 to £35,000 depending on experience plus a range of benefits.