You will be working for a well-established organisation based within the manufacturing and distribution industry and they have been established for 30+ years based in Tamworth. As the Assistant Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that you lead the work activities of the warehouse operations to provide effective leadership, communication, motivation, training and development and team/people management for the staff.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 1.30 pm to 10.30 pm. Candidates are required to be flexible with working hours.
Benefits include 31 days holiday including the Bank Holidays – holidays increase to 32 (after 3 years of service) and 33 (after 6 years of service), Christmas shut down (3 days will be deducted from your total holiday allowance), Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Discount vouchers for optical requirements and free car parking.
As the Assistant Operations Manager, you will be:
- Managing and coaching the Warehouse, Maintenance, Security teams and Gardeners to ensure that the site is kept in good working order and is a safe environment to work in
- Overseeing and directing the day to day running of the site
- Maintaining health and safety standards for the site, making sure all policies and procedures are followed and the site is a safe working environment for all staff. Safeguarding health and safety for the whole site
- Managing and actively monitoring the quality of work and stock integrity
- Proactively implement smarter work methods and adopt best practices to improve overall productivity
- Responsibility for managing aspects of performance management, employee retention and staff attendance
- Continually make improvements to processes and procedures by use of technology to improve customer service and productivity
- Monitoring all processes and tasks are completed to agreed timescales within the area of responsibility
- Ensuring teams are compliant with all operational processes and quality standards
- Ensuring all communication is delivered consistently, clearly and effectively both directly and through your Management Team
- Guiding and leading Warehouse Managers to enable them to manage their teams
- Managing HR Processes within direct teams
As the Assistant Operations Manager, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing sector or a warehouse or distribution centre environment
- A track record of managing a large site as a Site Manager
- Previous experience of using a warehouse management system and or similar software would be beneficial
- Experience in managing larger teams, leading by example, setting and stretching targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable record of delivery against targets/KPIs
- You may have experience of the following: Site Manager, Warehouse Manager, Logistics Manager, Transport / Operations Manager or Director
As the Assistant Operations Manager, your salary is up to £38,000 per annum depending on experience plus a fantastic range of benefits.