A fantastic opening has arisen for a Purchasing Assistant to join a manufacturing company based in Hamstead, Birmingham. Benefits include free car parking, 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown.
You will be working for a local company that has been established for over 45 years who are the UK's leading designer and manufacturer in their industry. For this position, you must have previous experience working within a purchasing role and be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
As a Purchasing Assistant, you will be:
- Proactively managing projects as and when required, carrying our research and benchmarking exercises
- Raising purchase orders and dealing with returns
- Obtaining quotations and liaising with other departments
- Updating computerised purchase order system with accurate and up-to-date delivery and pricing information
- Liaising with other departmental personnel ensuing material delivered on time and in time to meet production demands and avoid ‘stock out’ situations
- Obtaining information from supplier to confirm they have received purchase orders and can deliver to on required date
- Assisting management team with administration of project tasks aimed at improving products and process
- Carrying out general administration duties
As the Purchasing Assistant, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a Purchasing role
- Proficient skills in Microsoft including Word and Excel, it would be advantageous if you have an understanding of Pivot Tables and Vlookups
- Good communication skills and committed to continuous improvement
- Persuasive telephone manner with the ability to contact and liaise with suppliers via telephone and email
- Experience in Sage 1000, however, this is not essential
- You may have experience of working as one of the following: Purchasing Administrator, Purchasing Coordinator, Trainee Buyer, Buying Assistant, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Co-ordinator, Supply Chain, Category Buyer, Buyer or Stock Control
As the Purchasing Assistant, you will receive a salary of up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience plus fantastic benefits.